Bamboo Shoots is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Bamboo Shoots creates and produces world-class video content for our extensive client list ranging from national broadcasters and advertising agencies, to a wide-variety of business and organizations in both Saskatchewan and Alberta.
Being in operation for over 20 years, Bamboo has built an extensive, well-established operation with offices in Calgary, Regina, and Saskatoon, and mobile production units that travel the provinces. We are the largest in-house video Production Company in the Prairie Provinces.
As a Video Editor in Bamboo’s Calgary office, you will work with our team in producing engaging videos with strong storytelling and visual elements. Your ability to work within our existing post-production system will allow our team to work efficiently while maintaining a workflow that benefits our team as well as our clients.
With an understanding of composition, colour, graphics, and sound, the right person will have good technical knowledge, experience working with video editing software and a knack for telling great stories. Working within a team atmosphere this person will be focused on delivering high-quality productions on tight timelines.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Consultation with the PM to determine budgeted time required for project.
- Meeting with the producer or PM to determine the vision of the project
- Compile all raw footage and additional assets in an orderly fashion.
- Assemble all media using the Adobe Suite of software to create a rough cut.
- Arrange the project in accordance with the production plan.
- Consulting with the producer/PM throughout the project.
- Make required changes to complete the final product.
- Exporting final deliverables for client
- Internal archive of project files and all additional assets.
- 2-year diploma in video, film or multimedia production or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience as an editor.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-directed storytelling ability.
- Understanding of quality control for video projects and attention to detail.
- Technical mindset and comfortable with PC and Mac operating systems.
- Adobe After Effects, Blackmagic Da Vinci Resolve, Set Etiquette and Protocol, Camera Experience, Sound Recording, and CPR would be an asset.
Salary: To be determined upon experience
- Casual Dress.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Company Events
Please submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org